I am passionate about leadership, process, and technology and bring a full stack of knowledge to intelligently solve business problems. My focus isn't on one particular technology, nor on a single method of approach. I employ a wide breadth of knowledge and skill to tackle enterprise problems holistically, shifting from standard paradigms and tribal knowledge.
||Motivational coaching, career progression, heavy focus on individual, highest internal ranking in all years as assignment leader
||Serverless, Single page application practitioner, Oracle SOA/BPEL, EDI, Mobile and advanced web solutions, Cloud Infrastructure, Big Data (Hadoop-based infrastructure and software requirements), Cloud strategy (Docker, Mesos, Zookeeper, Marathon, AWS)
||Amazon Web Services (AWS): EC2, S3, STS, SQS, Lambda, Kinesis Firehose, DynamoDB, ELB, CloudFormation, Roles & Policies
||Oracle ERP (SOA, OSB, OEM, OER, BAM) 11g, 12c versions, F5 Networks
|Programming & Automation
||Java, PHP, C# .NET, C++, Perl/CGI, Shell scripting, BASIC, Coldfusion, Puppet, Docker, Mesos, Mesosphere, Marathon, Jenkins (automated deployment)
|Web & Mobile
||Oracle 8.x - 10.x, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, MS Access
||AWS Solutions Architect Associate, RedHat Certified Technician (RHCT), Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Flex 4.0, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA, 12/17/2010), GIAC Security Essentials Certification, Six Sigma Greenbelt, Oracle 9i SQL, ITIL
||MS Windows, Enterprise Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux Solaris, HP-UX
||Graphic design (Adobe CS5), DB Diagramming/ERD systems, Security at rest, Cisco networking, hardware installation and support
|Work Experience||2018-Present GE Appliances Louisville, KY
Senior IT Manager
- Team Lead and architect of new Customer 360 internal initiative.
- Targeting decrease in infrastructure spend by 50% utilizing native AWS managed services rather than separate licensed products.
- Pioneer in the industry with connected data. Outperforming all competetors with over 70% more connectable SKUs.
- Supervise team of 6 architects and developers.
- Lead internal IT committee for internal events.
||2007-2017 General Electric Louisville, KY
Senior Cloud Engineer
- Pioneer in Internet of Things architecture and support for GE Appliances connected products. Responsible for team Agile process, architecture of cloud-based infrastructure, Amazon Echo/Alexa skill development, and communication with key stakeholders.
- Delivered excellence in managing projects and personnel.
- Primary architect & developer for IFTTT integration with GEA products. PR: http://www.cnet.com/news/ge-smartens-up-its-large-appliances-with-ifttt-support
- Utilized Docker to create industry leading application hosting platform. Reduced time to delivery for application teams by 99% and enables entire infrastructure stack to be spun up in under 60 seconds.
- Created Oracle ERP SOA monitoring strategy, reducing downtime of environments by over 50%. Utilized OEM, OER, BAM.
- Selected as one of 12 participants nationwide for a three-year Technical Development Program (TDP). Graduate of the GE Information Management Leadership Program (IMLP/ITLP).
- Architected and developed the NewFi application for service technicians which allows GE to automatically gather information about an appliance and highlight any problems the appliance may be having to save technician hours and resources, and prevent misdiagnosis. Internationally recognized service revolution which has an expected savings ~$0.4 per appliance. PR: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/taking-appliance-service-to-the-next-level-2012-06-21, http://www.bloomberg.com/article/2012-06-21/aOa9HHP_4E4o.html, http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2012/07/10/another-reason-to-buy-ge.aspx
- Saved over 5,000 man hours by automating reporting.
- Broad experience and training over multiple IT domains: Network/Telecom, Compute, ITSM/ITIL, Cloud and Application teams.
||2016-Present Animus Foundation
Chairman of the Board
- The purpose of the Animus Foundation is to drive awareness of Computer Science domains--including Information Technology--to help better prepare the next generation of workers, and to further enable their success in business and in their careers. In doing so, the Animus Foundation also intends to introduce technology to underprivileged areas and holistically improve the availability and knowledge of technology to the public.
- We offer educational courses, training, and scholarships to schools and post secondary education centers in the Louisville, KY area.
- As Chairman of the Board, I manage the direction of the firm, and focus on outreach to various schools and other charitable organizations, as well as solicit donations from patrons.
||1998-2010 Wolf Software Louisville, KY
Web-based games and community sites - Sole Proprietor
- Pioneer of the micro-payment donation model resulting in over a quarter million in sales.
- Created and maintained over 20 separate online integrated database systems.
- Obtained multiple millions of page views a month. Listed in the top 50,000 websites for traffic (source: Alexa)
- Over 100,000 global customers.
- Led a cross-functional global team for software development.
|Education||University of Louisville Louisville, KY
- Bachelor in Computer Information Systems
- Minor in Philosophy
- 3.383 cumulative GPA
|Organizations and titles
||Chairman of the Board - Animus Foundation, Master Mason - 3rd Degree - Past Master St. George #239, Odom Foundation trustee, Knight of Kadosh, Master of the Royal Secret, Knights of Saint Andrew, Noble title of Baron - Principality of Sealand